Audience: Years 5-8
Submitted by: Nicole Koch
School lunches from around the world is a YouTube video which demonstrates to students the different lunches that are served to school children around the world.
1. Introduce what the video clip is about and explain the relevance to students.
2. Students are asked to make notes about what they see throughout the video clip taking note of the country and the foods they see.
3. Students view the YouTube clip. (Observe)
4. At the end of the clip students report back to the class about what they have seen. On the board the teacher takes note of similarities of lunch foods eaten around the world from students observations. (Compares)
5. Students reflect on what they thought of the lunches being eaten by school children around the world and anything that they have learnt by watching the clip, by answering a series of questions. (Reflects)
Explore the activities relating to Food Security available at http://www.globaleducation.edu.au/teaching-activity/food-for-the-world-up.html#activity2 around